Friday, May 16, 2008

Blog Update and Some Good News

Ladies and Gents,

I wanted to update you all on my future plans for this blog. One of the things I'll strive to do is to demystify the health food store shopping process. It doesn't matter if you shop at an actual store or if you buy online. The number of options/supplements can be overwhelming. And, the advice that goes along with all those options is sometimes rather questionable. So, I'll make it one of my goals to help you through the supplement-buying experience.

Also, I wanted you all to know that you can send me any questions you may have - about the blog or about health issues. You can always e-mail me at:

TheVitaminTutor@gmail.com

I'd like to point out another objective of mine. I'd love it if you'd share some of the information, that I post here, with friends, family and your doctors. It's vital, in my opinion, that we help to educate the one's we care about and our health care providers. This is a way that we can give-back, improve the quality of numerous lives and contribute something more to our fellow man.

Finally, I'd like to share a recent blog by Jimmy Moore. Jimmy hosts one of the most popular (and entertaining) low-carb blogs on the 'net. Recently, his wife Christine found out that she had severely elevated triglycerides (a risk-factor for heart disease, stroke and more). By adding fish oil to her diet and significantly lowering her intake of processed carbohydrates ... she was able to reduce her triglycerides by more than half (and she lowered her high/normal blood sugar as well).

Check out this blog if you'd like to read the whole, inspiring story. This is a great example of what a healthy diet, smart supplementation and determination can do for one's health.

The Vitamin Tutor

No comments: